Become a Volunteer
Our volunteers are individuals interested in supporting and empowering others to better manage their chronic conditions and to live a healthy life. Most importantly, you will help people affected by chronic conditions successfully manage their health by using the skills and tools that you have shared with them.
The role of our peer leader is to facilitate the 6-week, 2.5 hour per week "Maximize Your Health" workshops for groups of 12-18 participants. Peer Leader Training is available for persons affected by chronic conditions including patients, family members, caregivers and educators. Training is FREE!
Must submit a volunteer application form and agree to participate in an interview in person or by phone at the discretion of the Coordinator.
- Must be able to demonstrate the characteristics of a Leader
- Commit to attend 2-4 day in-class training program
- Must sign all applicable forms (e.g. Volunteer Agreement Form)
- Have the ability to arrange own transportation to and from future workshops you facilitate
- Must undertake and submit evidence of a valid Police Vulnerable Sector Screening upon request
The training and materials are provided free of cost
- Commit to complete all required Leader training
- Co-facilitate a minimum of one workshop series per year
- Must complete all program related forms, policies and training
If you’re interested in getting involved as a volunteer in any of the workshops we offer, please complete the form below
ONLINE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM.
If you would like to learn more about the volunteer opportunities at the Mississauga Halton LHIN Self-Management Program or have any questions please email us at or call 1-844-661-9194.